Thursday, April 7, 2011

I scared away the baby.

I had decided to work this week since I still hadn't had the baby. Tuesday night I was up all night with contractions. Strong ones. But they weren't very close together.

When I woke up Wednesday (my long work day) I felt a lot of pressure and called my sister to let her know I might be calling her to come into work for me if I went into labor at work.

After I called my sister, I told Alexis to get dressed for school so I wouldn't be late for work. I mentioned she had to wear shorts. She has a fetish with skirts and dresses and it drives me crazy because once she starts wearing them more than once a week to school...she refuses to wear anything else.

It's a constant battle.

So when she walked out of her room in a nice white skirt after I had told her to wear shorts I told he she better change into shorts FAST!

Next, she came out in a frilly puffy church dress. I almost lost it...but refrained and told her she had 2 minutes to get shorts and a shirt on or she would be in big trouble.

I went in her room after 2 minutes. She had pink, yellow and orange plaid shorts on. FINALLY. However, she did not have on a shirt.

That's when the complaining of..."that shirt itches me, that shirt is too hot, I don't like that shirt"...all began. I'll let you in on another small detail: We went through her shirts 2 weeks ago because I was so sick of having shirts in her drawer that she NEVER wears. She let me get rid of 2 shirts!

So you can imagine my frustration. I gave her a few options of shirts. She grabbed a completely different shirt...a purple heart shirt! Being the control freak I am I told her she could not wear it because it did NOT match. (AT ALL)

Then she said this in her whiniest voice, "Why does it have to match. You always make me match...match...match!"

AND...I lost it! I threw the shirts at her. Slammed her dresser drawer. Told her (ok, ok...screamed) I would no longer take her to school...and she could sit in her room all day! Then I might have slammed the door on my way out...just to prove a point, of course.

Chad met me at the stairs and asked what was going on and he went up to deal with Alexis. He told me just to go to work and he would get her to school. He ended up taking her to school late because she was a hysterical mess.

Meanwhile, I got in my car and went to work. And that's when I realized something.

I felt normal again. No pressure. No more contractions. I completely scared this baby and I pictured him either crawling back up into my ribs or spreading his arms and legs wide like a star fish...thinking, "There is no way I'm coming out to that lady today. She's crazy!"

And so...here I sit. Still pregnant. 7 days late.

4 comments:

Evaly said...

Sorry, but I'm cracking up! This was the best story :) I hope you have that baby soon- going late made me crazy! Good luck :)

{autie} said...

that's my fav!
I love that you're real.
...and I think he was probably on your side!

Feather Fam. said...

I looOOoove it!
You are NORMAL!
Although I had a dream about you last night, so I am pretty sure you are having that baby TODAY! So get ready!!!

Tamsyn said...

So, I am not the only mom who loses their cool?!! Thanks for making me feel normal! Good luck getting that baby here!!!