Sunday, March 14, 2010

R-E-L-E-A-S-E-D!!

Yep. I was released from my almost 3 year stretch as Primary President today. When I found out last Sunday...I literally felt a weight lifted off my shoulders.

But, like everything else in life...it's bitter sweet.

The Bishop totally made me cry in ward council this morning with all the nice things he said about me. I will definitely miss the people I've worked so closely with. And the kids...although they wore me down most Sundays...they taught me so much and I will miss them.

I warned Alexis and Carter last night...that this would be my last Sunday with them in Primary and immediately Alexis replied in a completely devastated voice:

"Is it because I keep getting out of my seat when I'm not supposed to?"

Poor thing. She thought my release was a punishment for her not following my rules to a T in primary. She's too funny.

I thought I might escape another calling since we are moving shortly. But not the case. I got a new calling that will keep me busy until we leave. I will tell you when I get sustained...but lets say I feel completely INADEQUATE to do it! When they called me I said, "I'm 30...don't older people usually do that!"

5 comments:

Stephers said...

I know what you mean about it being bittersweet. When I got released from the presidency church felt a lot longer! But it was nice to talk to adults and not try to staff classes all the time. Hopefully your new calling will be fun!

{autie} said...

K, now I'm guessing...

Jenni said...

Gospel doctrine??? Wow--has it really been 3 years? Time flies!!!

Sheryl said...

My guess is Gospel Doctrine as well!! You have done an amazing job!

Baak Talk said...

I'm glad I didn't follow your shoes Amber. You really are the epitomy of primary president.

What a wonderful thing that Alexis was sad you were leaving. I think my kids were jumping for joy!!