Sunday, March 28, 2010

Family Pictures

My entire family is in town spending a week together one last time before my parents leave on their mission in June. Today my parents got the whole group...yes all 44 of us...together to take family pictures at the temple. My sister snapped a few shots of our family next to the photographer. This is my favorite.

We are smiling. I love that Alexis and Carter decided to hold hands. And upon a closer look...this is why I REALLY love it:
I guess Owen had bigger and better things on his mind...like Alexis' big bow!

Would you believe Alexis' dress was originally a women's blouse before I took it to my sewing machine?

My parents told us we all had to be in solid earth tones. I'll be honest...almost all my clothes and my kids clothes are bright and cheery colors...or they are a print. I looked and looked for a solid colored dress for Alexis. Nothing...or at least nothing I could spend. So I found a women's size 12/14 shirt for $9 at TJ Max and thought...I think I can turn this into a really cute dress without it being too much work. So, last night after the wedding. I seem ripped the shirt apart at 1:00 am. Decided I was too tired to stay up and gave my self 30 minutes this morning to whip it up. Putting the time constraint on myself helped. Normally I would have made a pattern. There was no time for that. I turned it all inside out and pinned it together on her body, carefully slid it over her head and sewed it all together. You might think I'm pretty talented with how cute it turned out. I think I just got lucky.

2 comments:

Emily C said...

that pictures is awesome! so funny that owen is pulling her bow out. love it. your hair looks super cute btw...

{autie} said...

first, you're beautiful! second...are you kidding with that dress...can you make me one next?