Monday, January 4, 2010

How is a good kid a problem?

Being over the Primary kids at church has brought it's challenges.

Today, I had another challenge. A completely different one.

Carter.

He joined us as a sunbeam, today. I was so busy I didn't even make eye contact with him till 20 minutes into it. He looked and me and smiled. And unfolded one of his arms just enough to wave a few fingers at me and then folded them right away.

When it came time to pick helpers I said what I always say: "I'm looking for kids who are sitting reverently."

I look around and out of the corner of my eye I spot him and couldn't help but look directly at him. Sitting straight up in his seat. Arms folded. Feet on the floor. Smiling. And wide eyes. I swear he batted his eye lashes at me too. The problem...he sat like that the whole time.

So I did it. I called on him. But how the heck do I not call on him next week?

2 comments:

Ashley said...

That's so sweet. I hope that Kennedy makes that smooth of a transition!

Baak Talk said...

Definately I whole different sort of challenge than when Alexis came into Primary!