Thursday, May 28, 2009

Baby Names

I was driving last week with the kids and Alexis says this:

"Mom, if you are having a girl I want to name her WENDY."

"Oh. Well, Daddy and I already like another name."

"What?"

"Sydney."

"Maybe. Cindy or Wendy?"

"NO. Not CINDY! S-Y-D-N-E-Y!"

"We'll see. I'll think about it. Do you already have a name picked out for a boy too? (She said it as though she was insulted we didn't discuss this with her first.)

"Yes. We like OWEN if it's a boy."

"Hmm. Fine. You can name it OWEN if it's a boy. And WENDY if it's a girl. Or SYDNEY. We'll see."

And of course Carter chimes in now:

"Sezzis, it's NOT a girl. It's a boy!"

(Some days he's certain I'm having a boy. Other day's he's certain it's a boy and a girl. The boy in my stomach and a girl in my left boob of all places. Yes, we try to hide how he points that out in public.)

I must say I'm quite shocked at the demands coming from my little 5 year old who was still sitting tightly restrained by her little 5 point harness car seat. Because for a few minutes there I though I was talking to a teenager! Kinda reminds me of those commercials where the Dad still see's his teenagers a little kids. That commercial cracks me up...and really confuses Alexis when she sees it. She doesn't get how a 4 year old boy can grab car keys and go to work.

5 comments:

Emily C said...

that is hilarious!! and speaking of....when do you find out if it is boy or girl?

Jenni said...

Love it! My boys told me over and over what our baby's name would be...they both had thier own ideas (ranging from "name" to Buzz to Mason". They've finally resolved to the fact that "daddy and mommy" already picked out the name and have started referring to him by the actual name we're giving him.

Autumn said...

One of my best friends is named Sydney, love it! I am still thinking girl, can't wait to find out if I am right!

Evaly said...

Sounds like my kids- McKell told us that Meg sounds like a boy name! She doesn't like it all! Too bad it's not her choice :)

Ashlee said...

Oh I love that comercail!!! It is funny! Love the baby in the boob too.