Monday, May 5, 2008

San Onofre

On Saturday we went to San Onofre with a bunch of couples from our ward. It was so much fun. Surprisingly, I had never been there before. It's a pretty popular beach here in southern California called "Old Man's Beach." It's about 45 minutes south of HB. It's was a much needed day of relaxing after I had sat in continuing education courses all day Thursday and Friday. I had been going non-stop: waking up at 5am to train with my sisters for a sprint triathlon, showering at one of my sister's house (because I had no time to come home), running to work, then to our Dental Convention all day and night! Plus a Stake Primary meeting thrown in there. I honestly didn't see my kids for 3 days. It was crazy!
Bailey, Hannah, Lizzy and Alexis.

I was getting some hot dogs ready and turned around to see
where Carter went and this is where I found him...just chillin'!

Even though Alexis and Lizzy are in the same CTR 5 class at church
they really haven't gotten to know each other that well. I've kept
meaning to get them together outside of church because I knew they
would hit it off. They have similar personalities and they had
so much fun together giggling and being silly at the beach!

The beach was really rocky so it created a nice barrier for the kids. They
played on the rocks but for the most part...the little one's couldn't just run
straight into the water like the beach by our place.

3 comments:

Sheryl said...

Nothing like days at Old Man's. My kids have grown up with the Holmes clan there on holidays so the guys could surf. Good memories. Your kids are growing up so fast. Speaking of fast...you are on the fast track of life. I couldn't keep up with you supermom! Love you! come see our blog. sherylrussellholmes.blogspot.com

Beth said...

How fun!! And, I love the story with Carter! Don't you love when your kids remedy the situation for you, and you don't have to do anything?

Angie Larkin said...

Hi Amber! So fun to see your blog. Can I add you to my list? I want to be at the beach!! I hate you guys.