Friday, February 22, 2008

YOU MADE A MATCH

Recognize this toy? Well, we go through spurts of putting it on our fridge because the kids aren't interested if it's there all the time. Plus, if left on...it makes animal noises randomly. Carter's been playing with it a lot recently.
Funny story: Chad was using the microwave and I needed to get in the fridge. They are directly across from each other with little space between. I thought: We can both fit. So I squeezed to get past him, when...Chad steps back and my butt hits the fridge farm toy and this is what we hear:

"PINK PIG." (followed by two snorts of a pig and ending with the song...) "Wow, you made a match, look what you found. You made a match. Hear a PIG sound: Snort, Snort."

Of course, all Chad needed to hear was the beginning part to start busting up considering my over sized butt hit the toy! How does that happen? Seriously, look at all the options. Any animal match could have been in there. It just happened to be left on. And you can mis-match all the animals and the toy tells you how silly you are for making a duck-sheep...or whatever. Just had to be the PIG!



11 comments:

ashley g. said...

I love it! I think the "piggy butt" is a badge of motherhood- every normal Momma I know has one! Too funny!! Thanks for sharing!

Jenni said...

We totally have that and it always blurts out "MOO" or snorts "OINK-OINK" out of nowhere too!!!!! I thought ours was defective or something! THat's too funny.

Jenny J said...

i absolutely love your blogs.
this made me laugh just as hard as the baby daddy blog.

Beth said...

SOOO FUNNY!!

Anonymous said...

That story made me laugh once again. Also thanks for the recipe for the cookies they were amazing.

Sarah said...

That is so funny! I agree with Ashley, a true badge of motherhood!

Evaly said...

LOL :)

Shelly said...

That's awesome. I have that same toy, so I was singing along to your story. Love it!

Heidi said...

That is too funny! I love it!

Jeff and Stephanie said...

Oh yeah! I was just blog hopping and came across yours and thought I should say hi!

Nicole said...

amber...my friend found that hat at Children's Place. It was a buck. It was the "winter" one. But they had some spring ones just like it, only lighter that had just come out, so you could find one, I'm sure.

Can't wait to make your sugar cookie recipe....mmmmm!