Thursday, February 7, 2008

MAD GAB

Carter cracks us up. He tries to repeat everything he hears. The other day we were trying to teach him his name. When we broke up his name he could say it pretty good. It sounds pretty dang cute…“(1)Carr-(2)turr (3)Peet.” Then when we tell him to say “Carter” he says, “Darr-durrt”. Where the heck did the “T” sound come from? Sometimes, we can’t even make anything out of it when we make him say his whole name together. Two syllables are just too hard! The best part was...that night we really grilled him on his name...someone came over about an hour later and said, "oh, Carter..." To which he replied, "PEET" (Pitt)! I guess he just couldn't resist finishing it off for them.

I know all kids go through this stage where they just can’t pronounce anything right. So I thought we could have a little fun with it. Try to figure out the words before you look at the answer key at the bottom. Carter says exactly what is written…but if you say it really fast you might be able to understand what he is saying.

Carter's MAD GAB:

1) Guuk

2) Hoo sit

3) Eee ay go

4) Hoo sat

5) Wick

6) Waat

7) Wuz sat

Chad has tons of baseball caps, wears them whenever he can and backwards most of the time. After we made Carter wear his baseball hat in the summer he went through a faze where he just wanted to wear Alexis’s soft pink hats! Oh the joys of having an older sister! Carter can be seen wearing it in the car and I’m sure people think he is a girl. But when it’s time to get him out…he knows he has to leave the pink crocheted hat behind. Recently, he decided he likes his red baseball cap again. Hallelujah! He’ll find it and scream, “Hat, hat!” And every time, without fail, he puts it on backwards. He then runs to Chad’s office to knock on the door and show him that he is just like his daddy. He wants that look of satisfaction from Chad every time he does it. If Chad isn’t in his office…Carter gets so sad. It cracks me up how serious he is about it!

1)Look 2)Who is it? 3)Diego 4)Who is that? 5)Click 6 )What? 7)What's that?

6 comments:

Jenni said...

What a cutie! Love the Mad Gab game...who knew a 1 year old could create such a fun game! ANd thats so funny about the hat...Austin is in love with hats right now too! He screams out "HAAAAAA" when he see's his. Such a boy thing!

Brian said...

Wow, Carter looks like a little Chad...And, out of all those words, "click" is quite an interesting one. Already proficient with computers, eh? ;)

Beth said...

I LOVE this stage!! I love when they start putting things together, and it only gets cuter as they are able to say more and understand more.

ALSO, I think you are the only person on the planet who knows I had half straight/half curly hair. I had the rats nest with the straight hair on top to cover it up. It cracks me up that you wanted my hair. And, I totally remember the hair twists! I also remember we were in KMart (wasn't that right near your house?) and some random lady came up to us and said she would pay money for our hair color. I had a few more memories for you, but they left me. . . next time!!

Anonymous said...

That is funny. I think that is rad the Carter wears hats. Tell me the secret of getting a little boy to wear at hat. The minute Saxon has one on he rips it off.

I love the talking.

The Dunns said...

Thank you for the info. March/April sounds great! I filled out the form they had on their website so hopefully I can get them for the spring.
Your kids are beautiful! I love this blogging stuff. Its so fun to see people's day to day stuff.
I just found out I'm you VT, and I so excited to get to know you better.
Thanks again!

Nicole said...

HE really is such a cute little guy. Handsome is probably a better word. Love their words. I actually get sad when they learn the right way to say things!