Thursday, January 31, 2008

Ups and Downs

I find it truly amazing how one week everything seems to be going wrong and then the next week you feel like you couldn't be happier!
Take:1 week ago.
While we were at the River we got two phone calls. One from my brother to tell me the other Hygienist's dad had passed away Saturday. Then Sunday, one of my best friend's dad (kinda Chad's Uncle) had a massive heart attack and passed away. Both were unexpected so it was really sad. I ended up working more (filling in for the other hygienist) and watching my sister's kids so she could work...that way I could be home a little to do the laundry! I told my friend to bring her girl by so she could help make plans for her dad's funeral. Can you imagine 6 tiny little kids running around my apartment while I'm attempting to clean. It was hilarious.
I would try to sneak out to go to the laundry room which is located in the middle of our apartments...only to start loading and hear screaming ..."MA MA? MA MA? A-BER? A-BER?" Of course, I'm running back. Oh, things are fine. So I would go back to finish loading. This was me all morning.

Then, one time, when I brought the laundry in my sister's little girl Emily (3 years old) followed me into my room. She asked, "Umm, Amber...Why are all your clothes and baskets outside?" I laughed but wanted to cry because I was reminded I am doing laundry in a coin-op machine and I really wish I had my own. One that random people didn't take my clothes and especially underwear out of! URRGH!

I proceeded to run around like a crazy woman all day. So...what's next, oh dishes! I load the dishes, push the dishwasher next to my sink (blocking off all access to the kitchen) and start her up! After it's done, I'm pushing it back when...Jillonnie's little girl, Shelby (4 years old) says, "WHAT IS THAT?" I laughed but I wanted to cry because I am once again reminded I still have a portable dishwasher. (I know, I'm grateful for it because I was doing dishes by hand for a long time. Ok, fine...I didn't do them. I left them till they stunk...Chad would finally be fed up and do them himself and then he got sick of that situation and bought a portable dishwasher!) Back to my story. I explain to Shelby that it is our dishwasher. Alexis chimes in, "Yeah, we bought it from this man." To which Shelby replies, "Oh! We have a dishwasher but we didn't buy it. It came with our house!" I laughed and again wanted to cry. A house? I want a house! URRGH!

I work all day Wednesday and on this particular no good week...all the patients decided to come 15 minutes late. Hence, crabby Amber who tries to play catch up all day. I get out of work late. So I'm driving home and it starts POURING rain...the hardest it possibly could. I'm thinking. Great...I'm late out of work...there is going to be NO parking. So I park a few blocks away from my apartment and think. Umbrella? Don't have one. Cell phone to call Chad? Not charged. Guess I gotta run! So I'm running and approach our apartments and come to a skreeching hault. Unfortunately, the rain gutters are clogged and there is a waterfall pouring down right on the path I need to take to get to my door. (someone's got to report that to MANAGEMENT! J/K..I love you guys!) So I bolt threw it like any TIRED, CRABBY, FED UP person would...only to jump in a huge puddle soaking my pants, socks and shoes! Finally, when I get to the door...I stop and look back at the waterfall and laugh but I really want to cry because I'm thinking to myself, "Where do I live!" URRGH!
TAKE: THIS WEEK...
I don't even have any great stories for this week. It just ran so great. I cleaned the house. Well, most of it. Alright, part of it and it only stayed clean that day. But for some reason I'm feeling happy and cheery and everything is great. Chad is awesome and tells me to go workout at 6:30 every night. So I fix dinner, work out and come home to find he already has the kids in bed. YES, can you believe it...he did that every night this week! My kids didn't seem to get on my nerves. Maybe, because I felt like I got time for myself other than putting them to bed and playing catch up. For some reason, I'm feeling like this apartment living isn't all that bad. Work and primary are running smoothly. I don't even feel overwhelmed. (That is amazing!) Alexis and I made a ton of banana bread the other day for friends and the girls I visit teach. My VT supervisor is going to faint from that alone! I feel like cooking dinner and cleaning up and I know what your thinking...SO NOT ME! But really I feel like I'm on top of the world.

So my question is:
Is it so normal to have these kind of weeks back to back or am I bipolar?

11 comments:

Evaly said...

I hope it's normal- or else I might have a problem too :) Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. Your kids are darling and I hope your week keeps going well!

Nicole said...

Amber....love this post. You're not bipolar. My diagnosis? You're female.

Nicole said...

PS How do we get mindy to start a blog?

Dixons said...

You're definitely not pregnant! ;) I'm doing absolutely nothing these days. From a professional perspective, I'd definitely diagnose you with bipolar disorder! Only kidding. I'm glad you're having a great week and feeling on top of things! And I'm so jealous you're working out! I'm hoping to someday feel good enough to actually get my butt to the gym!

Jenny J said...

i CRIED! from laughing when i read your comment.
that was absolutely hilarious. i hope you told him no, too.
and i'm serious when i tell you i cried. so funny.

and i do hope you are normal because you described my feelings to a t. if you're not normal then i'm not normal, and i just couldn't live with that.

shari berry bo-berry said...

AMBER, that is so my life too!!!! It's nice to know someone else is questioning their sanity! :) Just cherish those good moments!!!

Beth said...

I had had about 3 weeks in a row like week #1. Then, we had week #2 here at the Rustand Home. As pathetic as it was, my good news moment in RS was that I had a good week. It may have seemed small to someone else, but to me. . . . it was HUGE! And, I think I ask myself if I am bipolar about 15 times a day!!

Heidi said...

Sounds like "LIFE" to me! You are such a trooper! Hope things keep getting better!

Britni and Owen said...

I feel bad that I just read your invite to hang out last weekend! Although we were super sick so we would have taken a raincheck anyway. Maybe this weekend? Okay, I'm going to go read your updates to your blog now...I had to get this out first:).

Jaime said...

I can't agree with the laundry thing more...really, what makes you think you can touch some one else's clothes just because they don't sit and wait 40 minutes until they are done? Isn't life great? I always have a good week and then a bad week. Maybe one day they will all be good!

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

You are hillarious, and I love reading your stories! I think you are bipolar & so is anyone else with the title mom! love ya! We are here til June 30th then it's off to AZ. We gotta get together on a week that is both happy and normal for both of us.