Monday, January 7, 2008

Christmas. Wedding. Birthday. New Years.

Christmas was a blast! But I must be honest...
Carter's biting came back with a vengence on Christmas
day and continued all week. Can we say "over-stimulation."
Christmas Morning! Carter woke Alexis up.


Now we can go on family bike rides on the beach and
not worry about Alexis turning her bike into things.
This bike is attached to Chad's!
Our first ride...the day after Christmas.


Giving Melanie her gift..."Season 8 of Full House." It was that
or Happy Days, Partridge Family or Laverne and Shirley.

KELLI & ANDREW'S WEDDING
(Chad's Sister)

December 27, Newport Beach Temple

Who's the man!


Alexis and her cousin, William

1 over sized pair of pants + 1 small jacket = 1 stinkin' cute backside!

Carter loves Grandpa!




THE RECEPTION

Jillonnie, Natalie and I almost died when we saw our kids
during Kelli and Andrew's first dance. So typical of Alexis:
holding Shelby's hand while flirting with Brandon.
He started stroking her hair...THAT'S WHERE WE STOPPED IT!


My kids love to dance! We danced the whole night.


AMBER'S BIRTHDAY
Chad and I went out with friends and family to dinner and a movie on Saturday. My actual b-day was on Sunday...usually the worst day of the week for me. (Because I'm so busy before, at and after church and Alexis likes to give me a hard time.) But on my B-day...Alexis was an angel in Primary (Finally, the last day of the year she learns!) Chad made me some brownies with matches as my candles...only to have Alissa (Chad's sister) drop one of the matches on my head. No damage...just a video of screaming and laughing!

NEW YEARS EVE & DAY
To reward Alexis for how she acted in primary we took her to see Enchanted. Only to have her throw up and have to take her home half way through. So scratch all plans. New years eve was spent in our apartment with just us! And let me tell you...I LOVED IT! Sometimes I just need to be able to relax for a holiday and not go anywhere! Chad and I put the kids to bed, ordered in our favorite Italian food, and we played cards while watching a movie.

My brother, Matt, invited us (and my two sister's families) to his house to play the Wii New years Day. It was a blast. It was the first time we got together with any of my family. So it was nice to spend some time with them.

12 comments:

Jenni said...

Love all the new pictures!!! Your family pic at the temple is so cute! Ok--matches in your hair? SCARY! I can only imagine the video of this! haha...miss you! And we still are twins...I have those same boots you're wearing in the picture of your kids and you on Christmas morning--the Ugg-like ones. Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I love Carter and Alexis in the wedding pictures they are so cute. That is fun that you can go on bike rides with the family now. I need to get an attachment for saxon and then we can all go.

Autumn said...

YOUR SO FUNNY! NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN LIFE HEY? HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!!

Beth said...

Ok, so first, my list of excuses on why I am a lame friend.
#1: We were there seriously less than 48 hrs.
#2: Ella was sick, and a sick child throws all the dynamics!
#3: no more excuses, just a sad, lame friend!
I got the point, and I really am sad we didn't get to see you. We will be there again in the next few months, and we will hook up this time!

Ok, on to my comment to make this the longest comment ever. I still LOVE Alexis' hair. SO darn cute! And, Melanie looks so good! I get an email from her occasionally. Do you remember when she hid the avocados under her bed? Anyway, love the pictures!

Heidi said...

SO FUN! it was great to see you guys. and that picture of Carter is ADORABLE!! i loved it!

Jackson seems to be doing fine with the teething thing... I just give him some frozen toys and hes happy!

But I will definitely give you a call if things change, which im sure they will!

Zobrist Family said...

Yes, I've always been a reader...just never had a blog to tell you about it! It's scary how much your daughter
looks like you! She's so cute!

Josh said...

hey chad and amber, this is josh fluckiger. beth gave me your blog address. wow, you have cute kids. alexis is darling. sounds like you guys are lovin' life and having tons of fun - wouldn't expect anything less. you guys look great, really. janell and i both recently started blogs. here's mine: joshfluckiger.blogspot.com
hope you had a great christmas and new years! i'll keep up on your blog.

Deneal said...

Your kids are darling! I can see there is a lot of personality spunk mixed with adorableness in those two. It's a wonder they don't get anything and everything they ever ask for!

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

Happy late birthday Amber & can we celebrate Christmas at your place, it looks like your kids got the cool gifts! p.s. - I love grass skiing, it just comes natural!

Nicole said...

OK Amber, you look fabulous! And your holiday sounds like it was a blast. I sure wish I could spend a few days with you and Mindy! Oh, and Melanie's gift....AWESOME!

Brian said...

What great pics, guys. Send our congratulations to Kelly. And might I add...I never thought I'd see the day when Steve went gray!!!! ;)

AKA Navillus99 said...

This is a great article...I am planning a christmas wedding 2008 and I love all the ideas.
http://navillus99.blogspot.com/