Monday, January 14, 2008

River Check

With my parents on their mission in Australia, someone needs to check on the river house once a month. The holidays got crazy so Chad and I took a quick two day trip out there this last weekend. It was so worth the drive! Our friends, the West's, came along and we enjoyed playing games and relaxing!

Always beautiful sunsets...on the dock of my parent home.

Carter and Mia


Britni is awesome...she got the kids cleaning!

Owen, Britni and Mia West
We met the West family when Chad was in school at BYU. We were so excited when they got a job offer down here and made the move. We didn't come till a year later...but we were hoping we would make it back! Chad and Owen love playing strategy board games and Brit and I could have fun doing anything together.

With the house clean, cars packed, we got this family picture on the dock!




10 comments:

Beth said...

I was just telling my daughter, Kate, last night all my stories of how I got stitches. One was when I got my finger slammed in the door, and I had to get stitches. I was telling her how I could ski on the trip I went on with my "favorite friend!" Awww, the memories!

Beth said...

And, our fence is not low. It is at least 5 feet at the lowest point. Our dog just thinks she is something other than a dog that jumps really high. Dumb dog!

Beth said...

I know this is my third comment, but even Ella, who is 2, will walk by the dog and say, "seriously, Maui!" Cracks me up!

Heidi said...

WOW!! that is one beautiful site! how fun for you guys! and to have a place to go... at the River... where is that?

Jenny J said...

jealous...

Jeff said...

Thanks for the invite...

Sarah said...

Hey there. Long time no see. Just found your site through Matt & Jaime's. Your family is so cute!

Jenni said...

Wow---what great pictures against that sunset!!! SO fun!

Josh said...

Ahhh...the river. It's so great that you guys are still going! Pretty fun to think about. Do your parents still have the same place? So, I made an crazy connection to you today. Melissa DeMaso (sp?) just started at my work, and she told me about staying at your parent's house a couple of summer's ago! Small world... She seems like a very nice girl.

Britni and Owen said...

Awesome trip! I think we should do it again. If not at least bring your kids over some saturday morning so they can clean my house! By the way, I finally did something new to my site and there's a shout out to you that you'll have to check out.