Sunday, February 20, 2011

What color will they be?

I remember when Chad and I got married...well, long before we got married, we always wondered what color eyes our kids would have. Everybody, my parents, all 6 siblings and spouses...have BLUE eyes. So Chad was an outsider coming in with his brown eyes. Which is so funny because you know a Pitt when you see them by their big brown eyes. So, naturally...we wondered with our 2 dominant family genes what we would have. I knew blue eyes were recessive...but being that I have strong genes for blue eyes and Chad's mom has hazel eyes...I figured we might get a blue or hazel eyed child in there with Chad inheriting that recessive trait.

I never would have guessed I'd have all 3:
Alexis=Hazel............Carter=Brown...........Owen=Blue
(Pictures taken by my college roommate, Jamie. She is so talented. I love them!)

The crazy thing is they all had blue eyes up until they were about 1 years old. Alexis' slowly changed but Carter's changed rather quickly to a dark brown like Chad's. I don't anticipate Owen's will change with how crystal blue they are.

So, now that we have all 3 colors the question is....What will this next boy have or what will they turn to around 1?

1 comment:

Shelly said...

That's funny that you say they didn't change til 1. I was just talking about this. Me and my hubby both have blue eyes, so we thought all our kids would have blue eyes, but my mom has a little green and my sister-in-law has green. So I have two kids who had bright blue eyes until they were about 1 1/2! Now they have super green eyes. I had no idea it took so long to see the real color. Lucky you to have all three though!