Saturday, March 5, 2011

Seriously Kidding Me

The conversation I just had with Alexis 2 minutes ago was too funny not to document. She's supposed to be long asleep and I thought she was when suddenly she pops her little head into the kitchen where I am dishing myself up some ice cream.

Alexis: "Are you seriously kidding me? You said we didn't have ice cream."

Me:
"We didn't have ice cream yesterday. Daddy just picked some up. Maybe, if you can get to bed and be good you can have some tomorrow. What are you doing down here anyways?"

Alexis:
"I just came to tell you I hate my nose!"

Me:
"Really? Should we cut it off?"

Alexis:
(as she is walking to the stairs) "No! I just wish Jesus never invented snot."

Me:
(from the other room as she goes upstairs) "Well, I guess you can talk to Jesus about that when you get to heaven."

Alexis:
(Hollering from the top of the stairs) "Yah...but I'm not going to heaven for a long time!"

That's that. Conversations over. She went to bed. I'm still laughing.

3 comments:

shari berry bo-berry said...

too funny! i love it!

Feather Fam. said...

I wouldn't be surprised if we flashed back 25 years and could hear your mom saying a story just like this about YOU! A mini-Amber maybe???

Jaime said...

so funny!