Monday, November 8, 2010

School Halloween Parties

On Friday before Halloween...Alexis' got to wear her costume to school. But she really wanted to wear her bride costume one more time.
Photobucket
It barely slides over her hips since I did make it to fit her body 2 years ago.

Not only do they wear their costume to school but they get to walk around the track where all the kids Kindergarten-5th grade are seated taking turns showing off their costume.

1. They take their chairs out to the track. 2. They watch all the kids parade by.
Photobucket
3. They strut their stuff. Hmm...not shy at all. I wonder who she gets that from?

1. Brooke: One of Alexis' many cousins in the parade. 2. Very creative...whoever that lego man is. But I felt so bad for the kid. He took baby steps around the whole track and had to take breaks every 20 feet.
Photobucket

Alexis' 1st Grade Class
Photobucket

Later that day I went back to her class to help out with the Halloween party. The kids had a lot of fun and I loved being in her class with her. I remember my Mom being at all my holiday parties so you bet I signed up for those first.
Photobucket

Yes...Alexis P. Because there is an Alexys D. in her class.
Photobucket
But there's more to the story. After the first few weeks of school Alexis came home telling me she didn't want the class to call her "Alexis P"...it was too close to "Alexis Pee." Like she was 'peeing her pants' she explained to me.

Then the boy next to her had an idea: "Lets call you Alexis Pitt." But she kindly whispered to the boy to NEVER call her that in front of the other kids. "Why?" he asked. "Because then all the kids are going to call me 'arm pit like they did in Kindergarten!"

Then they decided on "Alex." Which is too ironic because Alexis didn't know that is what Chad and I both intended on calling her as a nickname. In fact, that is what we called her throughout my pregnancy. But once her personality started shining through at 6 months "Alexis" seemed more fitting.

But, I can only imagine she NEVER answered to Alex...and so it got changed back to Alexis P. Which she accepts for the time being but isn't thrilled about.

While waiting for the older cousins to get out of school, these girls showed me their new way to swing.
Photobucket

No comments: