Monday, November 8, 2010

Halloween 2010

I was going to make my kids costumes again but really didn't feel it. They both wanted to be something that seemed so time consuming so I talked them into being "The Incredibles" since it's the last year our family would be perfect for it.
Photobucket
We borrowed Alexis and Carter's costume. Alexis' wig is a witches wig...but turned to the side to make it a side part and I cut the hair shorter. I just made the logos out of felt for the red shirts Chad and I wore. Because, heaven help us, you would have fainted at the sight of us in spandex. My wig was a punk rockers wig that my sister cut into a bob minutes before we walked out the door. I think she did a mighty fine job. I just happened to have a red sleeper for Owen in the right size. Random. The kids got way into it and really enjoyed us dressing up as a family. I think they've watched the movie every day since that night. No joke.

We had the movie playing in our car while everyone came by trick or treating. That was Chad's great idea. However, Chad also won two other battles. He insisted we use black face paint for the mask. I wanted to use toll paints since they dry and don't smear. And he would NOT let me paint Owen's face! Next time I will win those battles. But I guess I can't complain too much...he did agree to dressing up and spraying his hair yellow...that is HUGE for him.
Photobucket
These pictures were taken Saturday night at our ward trunk or treat. Being Activities Chair I was in charge of it. Luckily, it was combined with two other wards so we all worked together. It ended up being pretty low stress since they do a trunk or treat every year. They have fun booths...2 from each ward and there were a ton of cars participating in it. Just as candy ran out some couples from our ward came out to the parking lot to the music of thriller and did the dance full out. It was hilarious and so hard to tell who was who! Then...an impromptu kids dance party ensued right there in the parking lot...and the kids loved it.
You better believe my kids were excited to have Chad's family visit us since I couldn't leave our party.
Photobucket
I have to say the kids were super cool about not Trick or Treating on Sunday. We had a dinner here with my sister's and brother's families. I made 24 bread bowls that looked like pumpkins. My sister's made some yummy soups and my brother brought over some sides. After we crushed all the kids candy from the trunk or treat we set up our very own Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory so we could dip our caramel apples in any topping we desired. Sorry, no pictures. I'd like to kick myself for that. But we were enjoying our food and time together!

2 comments:

The Reese Crew said...

I love it! You guys look great.....but I am a little disappointed about the no spandex thing ;)

Natalie said...

Wow! Your costumers are incredible (ha ha get it?) They turned out really well.