Thursday, February 11, 2010

My parents got their mission call.

So it's not what you'd think.

In fact it was the LAST place we could see them being sent. (Considering we knew it wasn't somewhere like South Africa since they'd be taking my handicapped sister with them.)

Get ready for the anti-climatic response of: "REALLY!"

My parents will serve as Mission Presidents over the...

Salt Lake City South Mission


HUH? I know. But it is so perfect!

My mom was super worried her parents wouldn't make it through the 3 years while they were gone. Now she is closer to them than she is living here in California. My Mom get's to live just miles from her sister and my Dad just miles from his brother...whose wife just so happens to be Melanie's all time favorite person in the world. If you know Melanie I guarantee you've heard of Aunt Laurel. And to top that off...they are smack dab in the middle of all of us kids now. A central location we can all visit.

Plus, it doesn't hurt all the ski resorts are in their mission. There mission extends from South Salt Lake down to the point of the mountain. All of South Jordan to past Park City. I'm excited because we will actually get to see them more than I ever thought we could.

Oh...and they will live just up the street from Boyd K. Packer.

8 comments:

Jenni said...

That's so awesome!!!! Perfect all around!!! Tell them I said congrats--if they remember me! =)

Shari said...

that is AWESOME!!!!!!

Brad's parents will be SO excited to hear this news!!!!

:)

joann said...

Shari is right. We are excited for them and for your family!

Stephers said...

How fun!! I am so excited for you family.

Shelly said...

That's really great news. I'm happy for them. Angie and her husband live in Murray. I think that may be in their mission. Cool.

Emily C said...

that sounds perfect!!

Hutchings Home said...

Hey Pitt's! I found your blog via the Guymons, so fun to see your family. I think your parents will be serving in our area too. We live in Taylorsville and I know they have couple missionaries over here. Or is your dad the Mission President? We have plenty of room if you ever need a place to stay out here. We have shared a wall with you guys before so I am sure we could do it again. Take care!

Deborah said...

Congrats to your parents. I saw a while back the news they were called, but have been watching to see where they would go. My husband served in the Salt Lake Mission, and I think while he was there they split and made the South Mission. (BTW, this is Andrew's sister)