Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A better Mother than me.

The other day we were driving to Target. (Me and the 3 kids.) Out of the blue...

Carter asked: "Mom, how we all gonna get dead?"

Me: (shocked by his question) "How are we all going to die?"

Carter:
"Yea."

Me:
"Well, we don't know how we are going to die. But hopefully we all just die of really old age."

Alexis: (Quick to chime in as usual.) "Actually,
Carter...we die when we are ready to go live with Heavenly Father again."


Carter: "Oh." (Realizing that was a much better answer than his own Mom gave.)

Alexis:
"And you see your skin?"

Carter:
"Yea."

Alexis: "That is your physical body and it doesn't go with us."

I seriously just got out-done in the mothering department by my 6 year old daughter. My jaw might have dropped to the floor in shock. Shocked about the whole conversation. When did she learn all that. We haven't had a FHE about that recently. I didn't even know she understood the term "physical body" let alone when we will die.

Not sure why I'm their Mother...maybe it's for my sake to learn from them. Either way, I'm still grateful to have them a part of my life.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Ok, Emma just asked me the same question yesterday. Weird!!!

Heidi said...

Oh that is just awesome!!!

Unknown said...

excellent!! :)