Sunday, June 29, 2008

HELLO...



1. SUMMER HEAT
Carter was playing on the skateboard outside our apartment when he apparently became too hot! His solution and quick fix...rolling in the nasty puddle that never seems to dry up! Yuck!


2. SNOW...what?
Yes, I live in southern California and only remember snow falling (and melting immediately) in elementary school. This was on the way to the river about 1 month ago, in Moreno Valley (just an hour from our house...not even in the mountains.) Our family later informed us there were two "tornadoes" that touched down on the freeway flipping cars...they were scared for us...but all we knew was...it snowed here, in May, CRAZY!


3. SWIM TEAM
Alexis and her cousin, Chelsea...posing before a race. Alexis was lucky enough to be added on to swim team 8 weeks after they started practicing because room finally opened up! Yeah!
Taking it very seriously and lining up for the big race! Only...they only want to go to the meets...not practice! Why? "because I want to go where everyone says...GO LEXIS, GO LEXIS, GO LEXIS!"












4. LOT OF TRIPS TO THE BEACH

So peaceful. So serene. Just like my life. Right! Surprisingly, I caught them just taking it all in.





5. LOTS OF FAMILY
Alexis and Carter enjoyed spending time with cousin, Will at Great Grandpa Pitt's surprise 75th Birthday Party. Want to know how to get your kids to smile like this? Have Grandpa find an over-sized pizza carrier on the freeway, pull over, run onto the
freeway to retrieve it. Then let the grandkids spend hours on end pretending they are pizza being delivered room to room. Surprise!


6. ANGEL GAMES

We love going to baseball games, especially the Anaheim Angels...Chad's favorite! We had scheduled to go on "Mormon Night" a month in advance. Too bad for me...Alexis started puking the day of. So Chad and Carter enjoyed it this time around.




7. CHARLIE
Chad's sister Katie came down from Utah to bless their cute little boy! We were so excited to meet Charlie. Aren't they the cutest family ever! Can you see the "Pitt" features?





Alexis and Carter couldn't get enough of Charlie. As you can see...that was only one-sided!







8. SWIMMING LESSONS WITH DEBBIE
Ahh, I love her! She taught me how to swim when I was a kid. She can perform miracles in just 15 minutes. Alexis was totally pool safe at just 18 months! Pool safe not a swimmer! We could chuck her in the pool, she'd flip to her back and she could float on her back forever till we came to save her. I told her to jump off the diving board at 18 months. I was in my work clothes. I thought I could reach her but she jumped too far. So she just floated on her back and waited and I retrieved her with a pool net. Don't worry, I was very close to her the whole time.


Carter loves Debbie. Lots of kids come...when they are little saying, "NO DEBBIE, NO DEBBIE!" She means business! I love it! But not Carter. He's been getting so good. Only 4 more days left of lessons...so sad.






Carter reaching for the "fishy ring" on the side of the pool where the deck is too high to grab. He absolutely hated that the first day...but Debbie quickly let him know...he was going to do it no matter what!




Alexis working on her backstroke and freestyle. Her strokes have dramatically improved since Debbie has been working with her these last 2 weeks. It is absolutely amazing! I'll have to post a before and after with her swim meet video's.




So...there you have it. Already a busy summer and we are looking forward to lots more! Lots of pictures to come. You might just get sick of us now! Hope you enjoy.


2 comments:

Evaly said...

Thanks for inviting us to your blog, I kept forgetting to let you know that I wanted in! Looks like you've been spending lots of time in the water!

Dad said...

Amber, Mom is watching the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics, it is 12:30 am and I was getting board so I checked out your blog. I love it, love it, love it. I almost felt I was there. Thanks for telling me the boat wasn't on with Alexis. The pictures are clear and great. We are so happy that the family loves the house and can invite other family members and have a great time. I have a smile on from ear to ear right now. Good night. Love, Dad