Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thanksgiving Tradition


I made this turkey and blank feathers out of construction paper and taped my turkey on a wall in our house. Then I had our family, extended family and friends write what they were thankful for on a feather. It was a fun thing to do with the kids. They loved it. We added feathers as we got them back.

Thanksgiving was a lot of fun. We started the day off playing soccer with Chad's family. We came home to shower and my parents called to wish Chad Happy Birthday. It was so nice to hear their voice again! Then we ate dinner and played games at Chad's parents who live less than a mile from us. Chad's Aunt Tara (she's only 2 years older than him) came in and said she had an extra ticket to see the Broadway musical "Jersey Boys" that night! No one was speaking up to take it...so I did! The couple she babysits for gave her the tickets so it was FREE!...you know I love that! It was fun, lots of swearing but really good singing.

After the show, I stayed up past 12am making an ice cream cake for Chad's Birthday. Friday, I woke up at 4am to hit some stores. Then back to make Chad breakfast and celebrate his birthday! Always a busy but fun weekend!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving. You have a beautiful family! Good to see.