Monday, November 19, 2007

CHANGE!

So, my time consuming primary calling has been at an all time high these last few weeks. We had our primary program a week ago and of course I decided to throw something in somewhat last minute. I decided to teach all the kids the sign language to "I'll Follow Him in Faith." Just so happens I was really sick the morning I was to teach them it. But, on with the show...I'm surprised I didn't pass out! The Saturday before the performance we had a practice...but to make my day a little more interesting it was the last day of soccer games...so hardly any teachers showed up and the kids were in and out. But wait there's more...Primary was assigned building clean-up that morning. And whenever we are assigned building clean-up...NO ONE shows up...even though we talked to all of them the night before and they said they were coming. So lucky for me and my presidency. Oh...and did I mention...we stayed 4 and 1/2 hours for church because the kids did the Program for the singles ward after our block at 2pm. I'm sure you can imagine sunbeams at church from 11-3:30! Then this week, I've been busy submitting names for teachers for 2008! It never ends!

So I'm in need of some change...and since that's not gonna come through my calling...I dyed my hair BROWN. What's a girl to do? Sorry, MOM...you were gonna find out one way or another! But look at my options at a stressful time like this...I could have pulled my hair out...or shaved it like Britney! My sisters and friends nearby advised me NOT to do it....but hey, I actually like it. It didn't take as much brown as I thought it would but it's a really good change for now. Everyones told me they like it...now that could be fake...but I'll take it! I'll post a picture for Thanksgiving...that way you all have to be positive...just kidding.

7 comments:

Jenni said...

OMG---can't wait to see pictures of the new do!!! SO I so totally wish we lived by each other this Friday--I'm going out at 5am with all the crazies to go shopping...wouldn't that be so fun??? Miss you twin! (although, we may not look it now---blondie and chocolate)-yum! haha

Nicole said...

Oh, love days like that. I can't wait to see pictures! I got to see your transformation to red (remember that?) I think it started out a lovely shade of orangey-pink and then ultimately ended up brown after several phases....and I liked it! So I'm excited to see it now. Mines still the same. Ashy brown. Boring. But my husband likes it, so I'm safe. :o)

Zobrist Family said...

Well hello! It's good to hear from you. Your fam is so cute! Why didn't you post a pic of your new hair? I wanna see!

Beth said...

Why is it that it is the hair that always suffers the effects of the drama in our life? I love to cut/color just to mix it up. I feel like everything stays pretty steady, so I am left with my hair to mess around with. I can't wait to see the brown. I bet it is cute. Even if you get sick of it, at least it did something for you while it lasted! Good luck with primary! Holy smokes!! Have a great Thanksgiving! Melanie always emails me. I love it!

Di and Justin said...

Hey there I don't know if you remember me from Hammond days...anyways enough of that one... I saw your blog you look fabulous and what a cute family...I live my some of your families old neighbors the Hansen's she was talking about this great family (at church)where they use to live in CA, and things she kept saying I was like I swear that is Amber's family.. anyways thought that it was a little of a small world... good to see your cute family... ....hope all is well
Dianna

Jaime said...

hey we all need a change. I just keep popping out babies so that there is always something new! And I chopped my hair and dyed it a little bit darker...and I'm so ready to have my long hair back already! I'm sure your hair looks cute.

Beth said...

So, I am still waiting for your new hair-do pic! Also, love your funny dialogue on the side. I made Garrett read it, because I was dying!