Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cleaning one of many PILES in my house...

...and I came across these gems:

A school worksheet I pulled out of Alexis' backpack after school.
The instructions:
-for 1, 2, and 3 read the sentences and write words to complete them.
-for 4, draw a picture to show how the story might end.

Well, she followed directions and put that story to an END!

Next, Carter's awesome spiky haired dude. He's getting pretty good at drawing.


Alexis' "special words" during the 1st Presidency Christmas Broadcast. We read a story in the friend earlier this year about a little boy trying to spell all the special words he heard at church to help him pay attention better. We've loved the idea and Alexis has really caught on. Who knew kids would be so excited to draw on plates instead of paper.

Some of my favorites:
savyeyr=savior anjllse=angels boorin=born profis=prophets jooey=joy keeing=king jeeses=jesus glloorey=glory pess=peace

She didn't ask for help. Not even once.

After getting in trouble one day...she drew this. Yes, we miss Alissa. Apparently, enough to cry a thousand tears when we are in trouble.

And...can you tell Alexis LOVES Owen. She writes about him at school. And when she's not holding him at home she writes notes to him all day long.

2 comments:

Stephers said...

Oooo I love that plate idea! Alexis is so funny.

Ashley said...

That's hilarious. I love that cat story. I still have stuff like that from when I was little, and I love looking at it. They'll be so happy you kept it when they get older!