Thursday, August 20, 2009

"Don't be sad, Mommy..."

Last Friday was an interesting day. I had an early appointment with my doctor. Mostly to review my recent blood test. No diabetes. That was good news. But the bad new followed. My iron count dropped 2 points again. So now I'm taking 3 iron pills a day...but not during my meals to help with the absorption of it. So, basically, it's making me sick and I raced home from work last night wanting to induce vomit. But if this will prevent me from having 2 ultrasounds a week from here on out and most importantly prevent a blood transfusion after having the baby...then I'll do it.

Chad met me at my doctor's parking lot with my sister's kids in her car plus my kids so I could take them all straight to soccer camp in Aliso Viejo by 9am. Alexis screamed the whole way there saying that she was going to pee her pants. (30 minutes) I was driving safe. Up until we got into my brother's neighborhood where the camp was. Up a steep hill (so I was going slow)...the road came to a "T"...plus a stop sign. Well, I was turning right and I let the screaming get to me. I did the very well known "Califonia Roll" through a stop sign. Slowing down almost to a stop...but not completely. Come on, it was a right turn in a neighborhood. I looked both ways and I ALMOST stopped completely...just no jerk. But a cop was hiding out and got me. I was balling to say the least. My second ticket ever, I'm pregnant, just got bad news from my doctor, emotional and driving my sister's car. Not a good combination. So the tears continued for a good 15 minutes...even with the kids starting their soccer camp. Carter was the only one with me and says this:

"Mommy, you still sad?"

"Yes, I'm still sad, but I'll be ok in a little bit."

"Don't be sad, Mommy! You give the policeman back his ticket and then you feel better."

"Carter, the policeman won't take the ticket back. It's a bad ticket."


(Hard for a 3 year old to understand a TICKET could be bad. The only tickets he's had have been good: Tickets to the water park, Angel game...etc.)

"Mommy, he will take it back. He wants it. Then you be happy!"

Okay, so I still have to pay 150 bucks for it but how could I not cheer up after the innocence in that conversation.

When he asked to see the ticket a few days ago he mentioned giving it back to the policeman again. But this time Alexis was in the car and she set him straight.

"Carter, she can't give it back. It's bad! A bad ticket from a policeman means: DON'T EVER DO WHAT YOU DID EVER AGAIN!"


Hmm...she is right!

1 comment:

Emily C said...

You guys are one funny family!