Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Lazy Days of Summer

I love summer. Especially, since I can send the older kids out to swim while Owen naps. They love it.

Friday was my sister's birthday so I invited her kids over to play so she could have some time to do whatever she wanted.

I seriously laughed the whole time watching them play in the back yard. For one...these girls are SPITTING images of my sister and I. The best of friends...but a fight can erupt suddenly. My sister and I were close and we played together a lot. They thought it would be fun to bring the teeter totter in from the side yard and see how well they could teeter totter in the pool.

Seriously, if you are in need of entertainment...you need to watch kids do this. The tiniest shift of weight and one kid would slip off and the kid on the other end would go flying. I seriously haven't laughed that hard in a while.
The best was hearing Chelsea tell Alexis that she needed to stop moving and tipping them over. Alexis claimed she wasn't...and Chelsea exclaimed,

"Well, it's definitely not me...so it has to be you."

(I swear my sister would have said the same thing to me when we were that age.)

Then Chelsea decided to try it by herself. After she had tried Alexis wanted to try it by herself.

Chelsea says, "Yah...let's see you try. Then we'll see whose tipping it."

Alexis' laughed and I was busting up.

Alexis gets on the teeter totter and gets a huge shove out to the middle of pool by Chelsea (with an obvious attempt to throw her off balance.) Alexis flew off and came up exclaiming..."Yah...I'm not very good.)

I died laughing to say the least.

1) Because Alexis was unaware of Chelsea's intent and
2) Because I was reliving my childhood just watching them.

No comments: